Sisterhood Camp 2020 – June 20th to 25th
- SLALOM Progression – similar to the programs we followed on the National Team
- free-skiing: assessing and developing basic technical skills
- stubby gates and drills
- slalom full length gate training
- panel slalom training
- Coaching and demonstrations by FIS World Cup / Olympic skiers
- Private lane for the camp
- Video analysis
- Awesome dryland activities
- Team bonding / group discussions about “what it takes” to become a world class athlete
- Understanding the importance of goal-setting and journaling
- Understanding the importance of nutrition and physical fitness
- Understanding the importance of being a good sport and a positive teammate / mentor
- Daily blog updates from camp for the parents!
Why this is Important: Having a 5 days of uninterrupted training and self-improvement both on and off he hill is hugely beneficial for the positive development of any athlete. In this rich environment led by current U14 and FIS coaches, we are up to date on the most current course-setting, drills, mental training, physical training, and knowledge about ski racing. We create a link between professionalism and fun – showing that hard work can yield inner and outer happiness. Especially for U14’s, we feel that solidifying a baseline of persistence and determination, paired with teamwork and team bonding will set your daughters on a positive course for their upcoming seasons leading into FIS.
Lodging: The Aspens on Blackcomb 100 feet from lift
Cost: $2199 CAD or $1700USD ****As we are waiting on confirmation of costs from Whistler Mountain, we anticipate that this will be the price but it may be slightly adjusted. Please note that when you register, you are not financially committing to anything until we confirm the cost. No deposit is due upon registration. Deposit will be due when costs are confirmed.
Cost includes: Airport pickup, lodging, meals, ski race training, coaching, mentoring, dry-land activities, swagg… and anything else during the week!
Flights: We ask that flights arrive on June 20th before 4:00pm and leave on June 25th after 5:00pm to the Vancouver International Airport (YVR), Canada
- June 20 – Arrive at airport before 4:00pm. Shuttle to Whistler (provided and chaperoned)
- June 21-25 : SKI! Progression from free-skiing to gate training. Dry-land and video each night.
- ON June 25th we will leave Whistler by 1:00pm. Flights should be booked for late afternoon/night. Shuttle provided to airport and chaperoned.
We will be there when your daughter walks past security into baggage claim. Once they arrive, they will be taken care of until the point they go back through airport security at the end of camp! There are no other costs for camp – everything else is covered. *PLEASE do not list us as their guardian for an unaccompanied minor. We cannot go through security with your daughter.
You can either pay in one transaction or two. The deadline for the first half of the payment is May 1st*. The second half June 1st.* Unless otherwise stated
*BEST WAY TO PAY
- Email money transfer to firstname.lastname@example.orgFor us this is the easiest and best form of payment. However, this is limited to Canadian Online banking. If you do not do online banking, there are two other ways.
- Send a cheque! We will send you this information when you sign up!
Venmo or Zellle: For USD only to email@example.com with an additional 3% surcharge.
Final payment is due June 1st.